An Update From The Author: Saying I'm not an advocate of relationships was probably misleading. To satisfy your curiosity of my personal view on the subject matter, direct yourself to "The End.," the last post written in February 2011. (This also entails the purpose of this literature as a whole.)
A Second Update From Your Author (6 March 2012): This is becoming an aspiration to define the term "love." An aspiration because it is that very thing I find hard to describe with words. But every then and again I come across someone who achieves to do so to some extent. You can find these quotes I call fancy structures of words in "special entries."

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Guys That Prefer Canines Over Felines

This may not be the most bizarre, out-of-this-world attraction, but rather it is something that has caught my attention most recently. On a personal note, I'm a "dog person" living miles away from my dog. And if there was one thing I can miss the most, it would be him, my pup.


Unfortunately, I have not had the pleasure of being approached by the man walking his female Boston Terrier in her leather collar dangling a shiny tag labeled "Martin." In fact, I have not met any guy who I can talk about and concretely say, "He was a dog person." But I do remember a heated instance where an ungentlemanly boy claimed my pup as his own over Facebook. I say it was heated because my reaction was just that, with all the passion in my heart for canines, let alone for my own son, I barked back and the whole world knew I was off my leash. I may have reacted with a rollover waiting for a belly rub had this boy been remotely mine, or if I had any respect for him at all.



And then there's
the "cat person." There never arose any conflict because of our differing pet preferences, but it has only made me realize how much more I am attached to my pup, and all the dogs I've had in my life. The fact that this particular gentleman is more smitten with kittens doesn't bother me. What is disappointing is, of all the canine breeds out there, he does not find mine "cute." In fact, he finds the ones I like the least to be so. This didn't matter much, but I read an article once about how dog people are different from cat people. Interestingly, the author reported that pet owners tend to resemble the pets they choose to own. So curiously my mind thought, "If he thinks the dog I own isn't cute, than could he be thinking I am not particularly of his taste either?"


For the record, I didn't and don't let these things question an already established connection I have with a person, lover or friend, but they do make me wonder about this world and the connections between the various things within it. Afterall, two completely different things can make complete sense bonded together, like say...bacon and eggs. And as the saying goes, opposites attract...

but when it comes to our furry friends, ideally I'd want someone who can understand and relate to my undying love for canines. The bonus is when they can love my pup the way they can love me, because that's just how I love my son, as a person. Thus, this is number fourteen.



No comments: